New Benghazi hearings may feature eyewitnesses to the attack
Representative Trey Gowdy said on Fox News over the weekend that "explosive" new hearings on the Benghazi attacks are coming soon and they may feature testimony for the first time from eyewitnesses to the attacks.
Rep. Trey Gowdy, appearing on Fox News on Saturday afternoon, promised that "explosive" congressional hearings over the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, are "coming quickly."
"There are more Benghazi hearings coming; I think they're going to be explosive," Mr. Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican who is a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told Fox's Uma Pemmaraju.
Mr. Gowdy wasn't able to give out too many details, but he hinted that the public for the first time might hear from witnesses to the terror attack that left four Americans dead."I am bound by certain measures of confidentiality, but I would tell you that you are getting very warm," Mr. Gowdy said when asked by Ms. Pemmaraju whether witnesses could be coming forward. "[The hearings] are coming sooner rather than later."
He said several questions need to be answered, such as why there was a failure of security, "what happened during the siege itself and why aid was not sent," and whether the testimony by Susan E. Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, was "grossly negligent or whether it was intentionally misleading."
Mr. Gowdy added that in a trial, "direct evidence, direct testimony by eyewitnesses is always the most compelling."
The Obama administration has been keeping the 34 eyewitnesses to the Benghazi attacks from testifying before Congress while the State Department is preventing Benghazi whistleblowers from being represented by attorneys.
Gee...one would think they don't want the truth to come out or something.

With the report on Benghazi released last week that was damning in its conclusions, getting eyewitness testimony - especially about what the White House was doing while our people were dying - will be criticial to answering the question of why this cover up continues even after the election.
FOLLOW US ON
Recent Articles
- Deep State Anatomy and Physiology
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pronouns
- Trump’s Tariffs: A Chance to Bring Back Lost Jobs
- Trump's Six-Point Plan for Making America Great Again
- Make IRS Sauce The Same For Both Citizen Goose and Politician Gander
- 'Battle at the Border' Documentary is an Insightful Look at Immigration
- The NYT Prefers its Own Conspiracy Theories
- Would the FDA Pass Its Own Audit?
- War By Other Means: Demographics
- The Trump Administration’s Support for the Israel-Azerbaijan Strategic Partnership Can Benefit America
Blog Posts
- The Atlantic's phony migrant tear-jerker about a pitiful 'Maryland father' shipped back to El Salvador falls apart
- Rep. Luna, forgets she’s on the Republican Team!
- Veruca Salt politics or the inevitable result of ‘the personal is political’
- Taliban justice in the streets of Bordeaux, and a Sharia ‘mega city’ comes to Texas
- French judge releases an accused rapist because he’s ‘fairly integrated’
- The Luigi cult is still out there, gushing and festering
- In New York, a tax service company targets illegal aliens as potential customers for child tax credits
- When antisemitic leftists play the ‘Jewish card’
- FDA’s vaccine-rubberstamp Peter Marks forced to resign, and Big Pharma stocks take a nosedive
- Will Colorado pass what’s essentially a ‘trans blasphemy’ bill? *UPDATED*
- Elie Mystal thinks every law before 1965 should be labeled ‘unconstitutional’ and defunct
- The gift that keeps on giving
- Wasting time is hard to do – leftists still manage it
- Give Trump a chance
- Nina 'Scary Poppins' Jankowicz's ex-NGO partner makes clear 'bankrupting Tesla' is his most important accomplishment